With Oracle software licensing agreements and metrics known to be complex and, over the years, subject to frequent change, it’s vital to manage your applications and technology correctly. Taking control puts you in a position to optimize your spend and ensures you’re prepared if faced with an Oracle audit.
Often companies don’t worry about audits until they happen, which can make them more time-consuming than they should be. Inoapps can help you prevent risk and take full control of your Oracle investments with a proactive approach to Software Asset Management (SAM). With our global Oracle Licensing & Subscription Services, you get full visibility of your deployments to make sure the licenses and subscriptions being utilized match your estate, and to aid informed decision-making.
What will Inoapps Licensing & Subscription Services do for you?
- Lower risk. A full assessment of your Oracle environments helps identify issues and mitigate areas at risk of utilization mismatch to reduce audit and legal exposure.
- Reduce costs. Drive down costs with actionable insights and modeling that shows where your spend is now and where savings can be made.
- Inform decision making. Simplify decisions when changes happen within your business with full visibility of your Oracle estate, supported by detailed documentation.
- Provide confidence and confidentiality. As a certified Oracle Global License Advisory Services partner with a proven track record, you are in safe hands and assured of full confidentiality under NDA.
Our Oracle Licensing Services include
Oracle Software Asset Management (SAM) Program
If you’re running Oracle Database, Fusion Middleware or E-Business Suite on-premises, the official Oracle SAM Program can help guard you against audits through a structured approach to license management.
Software Asset Management is a proactive service to help customers manage their Oracle assets.
Through this program, verified partners like Inoapps assess the usage and configuration of these Oracle software assets on an ongoing basis. Being part of the program reduces your risk of audits, as Oracle is assured that licenses and subscriptions match usage.
The Oracle SAM Program includes:
- Contractual analysis. Our licensing specialists analyze the clauses in your contracts and provide an inventory of your licensed products. This includes metrics and quantities purchased, whether they’re in support and how they can be deployed.
- Data analysis. Here we use the same methods Oracle use in an official audit to capture the usage data and identify issues caused by misinterpretation, incorrect deployments or poor housekeeping.
- Actionable insights. You receive a clear report that documents your estate and offers options for solutions to the issues uncovered.
- Fixes. We help you fix the areas of concern as cost-effectively as possible.
- Waiver request. Once fixes are complete, we request an audit waiver from Oracle.
- Future proofing. We revisit your data annually and reapply for a continuation of the waiver. Regular licensing reviews help you stay current with any changes to Oracle’s licensing policies.
Oracle SaaS Subscription Review
If you’re running Oracle Software as a Service (SaaS), this service provides clear visibility of your Oracle assets, existing services, roles and custom roles deployed, privileges assigned and your overall usage to help you identify and address subscription deficits and plan ahead.
The Oracle SaaS Subscription Review service includes:
- Contractual analysis. Our licensing specialists analyze the clauses in your contracts and provide an inventory of your subscriptions. This includes metrics and quantities subscribed to and how they’re deployed in the cloud.
- Data analysis. Based on reports from your SaaS Console, we analyze and look at users, roles and privileges. We establish which roles are customized and map users to roles and privileges. We identify where custom roles may duplicate seeded roles, how much each user costs and the most expensive usage and patterns in your data.
- Actionable insights. You will receive a clear report that outlines product usage, configurations and areas for concern and our recommendations, along with areas that are risk free.
- Fixes and remodeling. We help you fix the areas of concern as cost-effectively as possible. You also receive technical data that allows you to remodel without any changes to your live environments to help you plan your strategy and manage the changes.
- Functional benefits. As part of our review of roles and benefits, we assess where functional enhancements could be made to support greater efficiency.
Oracle License Optimization
Our optimization service works alongside our other licensing services. It is here to help you maximize the value of your Oracle investments through strategies like Oracle asset consolidation, architecture remodeling and general license advice.
As a certified Oracle Global License Advisory Services partner, we have a proven track record of helping our customers achieve efficiency gains and reduce expenditure through the entire Oracle lifecycle.
Our optimization service provides a framework to facilitate:
- Reduced spend
- Reduced footprint
- License reharvesting
- Scenario modelling
- Security and compliance assessments
The Oracle License Optimization service includes:
- Contractual analysis. Our licensing specialists analyze the clauses in your contracts and provide an inventory of your licensed products. This includes metrics and quantities subscribed to and how they’re deployed in the cloud or on-premises.
- Data analysis. Here we examine your estate to form a holistic view of deployments and usage. We look at elements like your Disaster Recovery, production and test environments and their usage, such as how your architecture works with 3rd party apps.
- Actionable insights. The result is a view of your estate ‘as is’ along with our recommendations for optimization. We look at current versus optimized spend, how to reduce support costs, and where existing licenses can be reharvested and deployed elsewhere.
- Rinse and repeat. As Oracle estates are subject to change, we treat this as an iterative process where we make recommendations for you to execute and then revisit your estate to assess where further savings can be realized.