Best Practice Healthchecks
Is your organisation expecting you to deliver a project to a certain standard, within a certain budget, by an agreed deadline, but the further into the project you get the less likely it is that you will meet your criteria?
It’s one thing when a project goes over-budget and misses initial deadlines, but nothing affects a project more than inability to deliver. There are many things that can affect the outcome of a project, such as if:
- The project is poorly scoped and has unrealistic timescales
- There is poor performance from certain parties
- Resources have been allocated elsewhere
- The project goal posts keep moving and there is poor communication
If you have ever been part of a project team, you will be aware that the shape of a project can change and expectations might have been over-egged at inception. However, the project may have gone too far and you could have invested too much to turn back now.
Inoapps Approach to Project Recovery
What is needed in this situation is a fresh angle – an innovative approach from experienced project trouble-shooters. Inoapps can help you get back on track by carrying out a health check on your project. We do this by following a 5-stage process:
Acknowledging that there is a problem with your project is probably the hardest of the five stages, however, it probably worth remembering the two ‘laws’ of project management:
1. The effort required to correct a project that is off course increases geometrically with time
2. The longer you wait the harder it gets so do it now, regardless of embarrassment
3. If project content is allowed to change freely, the rate of change will exceed the rate of progress
During our Project Recovery we will focus on the following best practice areas:
- Project Rescue: Management of projects out of control, not delivering, dissatisfied users, resource problems, high risk projects with too many external factors
- Project Audit: An independent review of project plans, deliveries, implementation strategy and system configuration – get the reassurance your project is going to deliver.
Key metrics will be used to understand both the current project status and determine the best course of action moving forward. Project metrics will cover:
- Performance base line / status of the project
- Project scope – Allowing the phase, de-scope or discontinue discussion
- Project quality – both process and product
- Actual costs, budgeted costs and earned value
Our extensive experience of running and managing projects of our own enables this fresh approach with none of the politics or emotions of the existing project. By delivering a series of quick-wins and rebuilding confidence in your project team we will help you deliver value to the business.
Inoapps approach such a project recovery with a pragmatic, ‘can do’ attitude focusing team energies in a positive vein and rebuilding enthusiasm. The key deliverable of our Project Recovery is successfully reaching your project completion with efficiency.
+44 (0)870 112 2000
Inoapps Head Office
2 Fountainhall Road
+44 (0)870 112 2000
Oracle Corporation UK Ltd
+44 (0)870 112 200
5177 Richmond Avenue, Suite 1260
Suite 2B-13-3, Level 13, Block 2B,
Jalan Stesen Sentral 5,
50470 Kuala Lumpur.
+603 2714 5707