Construction Industry Scheme Solution
The UK Construction industry has an obligation to adhere to the UK Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) legislation for all of its dealings with sub-contractors – the automatic deduction of money from sub-contractor payments and the subsequent passing on of those payments to HMRC, represents a key obligation of organisations in this sector.
However, the challenge for Construction industry organisations that use Oracle ERP solutions is that the standard configuration of Oracle E-Business and Cloud ERP does not contain the necessary functionality to allow this vital piece of legislation to be implemented in an effective and efficient manner, and as a result many organisations suffer from a high cost of ownership for this business process.
In addition, organisations can also face fines for late payment of CIS payments, and as such CIS processing represents a critical issue for many such companies.
Thankfully, for those organisations that are encountering this issue, there is now a solution – through our work with a number of construction industry clients, Inoapps have developed a solution that delivers an effective business process to resolve this issue.
Optimised for use alongside both Oracle E-Business and Oracle Cloud ERP, the solution can be deployed alongside your current ERP implementation to deliver an end to end business process for the full CIS lifecycle.
The Inoapps CIS Solution allows organisations to:
- Track and record all CIS specific information for their key contractors
- Automatically validate that information against HMRC records for data integrity
- Carry out automated re-validating of CIS Subcontractor details on a periodic basis
- Automated notification of changes or issues with Contractor validation
- Automatically calculate the relevant CIS deductions from Contractor payments, based on work breakdown type
- Generation of automated payments to HMRC for appropriate value for CIS deductions
- Detailed functionality
- Tracking of additional CIS related data against Supplier records to record UTR Certification and Validity
- Automated assignment of Supplier Uniquie Taxpayer Reference (UTR) details against HRMC database of Approved Contractor CIS Registrations for new supplier
- Ongoing validation of Supplier/ Contractor UTR references and validity dates against HMRC database
- Automated report generation to show all changes to UTR references, or changes to validity of certification
- Configuration of payment generation to allocate HMRC based on rules engine
The Inoapps CIS Extension offers a seamless and fully integrated solution to solve a complex and widespread problem in the Construction industry, delivering an effective and efficient business process.
Download more information on the Inoapps CIS solution
Please contact us below
+44 (0)870 112 2000
Inoapps Head Office
2 Fountainhall Road
+44 (0)870 112 2000
Oracle Corporation UK Ltd
+44 (0)870 112 200
5177 Richmond Avenue, Suite 1260
Suite 2B-13-3, Level 13, Block 2B,
Jalan Stesen Sentral 5,
50470 Kuala Lumpur.
+603 2714 5707